The airways network is located within the Romanian air space, where the routes are established in accordance with the traffic flows coordinated at European level by EUROCONTROL.
The Romanian airports system comprises 17 airports, out of which:
- 4 international airports, organised as National Companies, under the authority of the Ministry of Public Works, Transports and Housing)
- the International Airport Buharest – Otopeni (the main Romanian airport, covering 75% of the international traffic of passengers and goods)
- the International Airport Bucharest – Baneasa
- the International Airport of Constanta
- the International Airport of Timisoara
- 13 national airports, organised as autonomous administrations, subordinated to the Local Councils from the cities where they are located